This page has moved to a new address.

M is for Madness!

Life In Texas: M is for Madness!

Monday, April 16, 2012

M is for Madness!


     Madness. That's what Saturday was. Just plain madness. First, we had t-ball opening ceremonies at 11am. Then Thing 1 had her very first t-ball game at 1pm. To top off the madness, Thing 2's birthday party was scheduled for 2pm.

     I'm sure you're wondering, "why did you schedule the party for the same Saturday as t-ball?" Well, we didn't know what the t-ball schedule was like until the Thursday before it happened. Needless to say, party invitations went out a long time before that.

     Opening ceremonies went well (even though they were running behind). Thing 1 liked being down on the field waving to everyone. After opening ceremonies, we had a present for each of the girls.




Left - Thing 1 opening her present

Right - Thing 2 opening her present

     They each got a new charm bracelet. On their charm bracelets, were Thing 1 and Thing 2 charms that we got them while we were at Universal.


     Then, it was time to go to Thing 1's first t-ball game! Even though I live in a highly competitive town, they don't keep score or count outs. Every kid gets to bat and every kid gets to run all of the bases. Thing 1 had a blast and actually made it to first base before the other team got the ball there (that was her goal).


     Her game ended at 1:50 and it was time to rush to Thing 2's party. Thing 2 had a great time and was very excited about each present that she opened. She also enjoyed playing with everyone that came to celebrate with her. After the party, she told me "I want them all to come over every day!:

Thing 2 in her tutu.

Cake time!

Labels: , ,

7 Comments:

At April 16, 2012 at 2:25 PM , Blogger Judy said...

Adorable, your Thing 1 and Thing 2 are! And I love the charms!

 
At April 16, 2012 at 2:30 PM , Blogger Melody0605 said...

Your kids are so cute! I love the charms!

 
At April 16, 2012 at 3:17 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

I like how Thing 2 matched with her birthday cake.

 
At April 16, 2012 at 3:32 PM , Blogger Alan said...

Great job fitting all of that into one day. Our kiddos had a blast at the party!

 
At April 16, 2012 at 3:39 PM , Anonymous Cristina said...

such cutie pies! I'm glad they had a great day! Despite the madness!

 
At April 17, 2012 at 7:55 AM , Blogger Sharkbytes said...

Great ideas all. Go girl power! I'm trying to visit all the A-Z Challenge Blogs this month. My alphabet is at myqualityday.blogspot.com

 
At April 17, 2012 at 3:26 PM , Blogger ETowns said...

I love reading your blog, because of Thing 1 and Thing 2. I love the charms, and I know what you mean about Saturday. I have been on the go since Thursday of last week and this is my first day to get everything reorganized. Except I broke out in hives. And its tax day and I have taxes to do. And the kids just got home. And.....

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home