This page has moved to a new address.

L is for Lesbian

Life In Texas: L is for Lesbian

Friday, April 13, 2012

L is for Lesbian


     Yep. Lesbian. I said it. It seems that this has been a popular topic for today. My inspiration for this post was my friend, Sadie and her post about her 10 year old daughter.

     Different people have different views on homosexuality. That's fine. We're all entitled to our own opinions. However, no one should be made to feel like they're less of a person because of the way that they were born.

     Yep, there's another thing that a lot of Christians don't agree with. However, the Bible says that all are born sinners; "for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God" - Romans 3:23. You may have been born a liar or with an addiction, others are born with the desire to steal or are homosexual. Their sin is no worse than yours or mine in the eyes of God. It's only people that rank sins as though one is worse than another.

     I think the most important thing is that we love each other. You can love someone without liking or agreeing with all of the things that they choose to do. Hate the sin, love the sinner.

"If any one of you is without sin,
let him be the first to throw a stone."
- John 8:7
   

Labels: ,

8 Comments:

At April 13, 2012 at 11:19 PM , Blogger Melody0605 said...

Amazing post again, Kallie! I just wish people would apply this to their lives... You don't have to like it, but it isn't yours to choose... :0) (that was a general you btw)

 
At April 14, 2012 at 7:47 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Love this post! I have also been researching homosexuality within the Bible, and pretty much all of the scriptures that reference it are taken completely out of context, and Jesus himself never once speaks about homosexuality. It's interesting research if you're up for something like that.

 
At April 14, 2012 at 3:28 PM , Anonymous Kristin said...

I might be speaking out of turn here, but I am a little confused as to why you would refer to being born a homosexual as being born with a sin. I understand you are Christian, but if you think that people are born straight or gay, then how can one be considered a sin? I also find it offensive to mention it in the same sentence as addiction, stealing, and lying.

If you're the type of Christian who believes that homosexuality is a "choice," then I understand. However, you said it was "the way they were born," so it sounds like you ascribe to the notion that some people are straight, and some people are gay, period.

 
At April 14, 2012 at 11:17 PM , Anonymous Sadie said...

I agree with Kristin. The only problem I really have is this:

"You may have been born a liar or with an addiction, others are born with the desire to steal or are homosexual. Their sin is no worse than yours or mine in the eyes of God. It's only people that rank sins as though one is worse than another."

So essentially you're saying that me loving my girlfriend is the same as if I was hurting someone by lying or stealing.

I don't like that. BUT.. everyone is entitled to their own opinions. :)

 
At April 15, 2012 at 12:00 PM , Blogger Francene Stanley said...

Well put. The greatest commandment: 'Love your neighbor'.

http://francene-wordstitcher.blogspot.com

 
At April 15, 2012 at 5:49 PM , Anonymous Diane N - Philzendia said...

"If any one of you is without sin,
let him be the first to throw a stone."
- John 8:7

Excellent point!

 
At April 16, 2012 at 1:56 PM , Blogger nutschell said...

I love this post. It's open minded people like you that the world needs more of.
Nutschell
www.thewritingnut.com
Happy A-Zing!

 
At April 18, 2012 at 10:21 AM , Blogger Kallie Greenly said...

Kristin - all people are born sinners. I don't know everyone's sins, just like everyone doesn't know mine.

Sadie - I didn't mean to compare you loving your girlfriend to someone hurting others. I was merely pointing out that all people have sinned. Maybe adultery or premarital relations would have been better comparisons. There is no shortage of sins, and no one sin is greater than any other.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home