This page has moved to a new address.

G is for Golf and a Game

Life In Texas: G is for Golf and a Game

Sunday, April 8, 2012

G is for Golf and a Game


     Yesterday, my cousins (just 2 of them) and I took our kids to play miniature golf. If you're ever in Corpus Christi and you want to play miniature golf, check out Treasure Island Golf and Games on the island. It is so much fun. It is our go-to putt putt place. They have 2 different courses, one being easier than the other. Of course, we're crazy, so we thought that it'd be fun to play the more difficult course with 4 kids and 3 adults. We stopped keeping score after the second hole, but all of the kids had fun.

Thing 1's turn

Thing 2's turn

All the kids in front of the waterfall

     After miniature golf, we grabbed a quick bite and then headed to a Corpus Christi Hooks baseball game. Now, I'll be the first to admit that I'm not a huge fan of America's greatest pastime. My usual theory is that it's 5 minutes of action crammed into 2 hours. At first, it seemed like this game was going to be like all of the other I have seen. But, things turned around when the Hooks scored 5 runs in the bottom of the 4th. The Hooks did win, and again, the kids had an awesome time. As we were leaving, my cousin and I were talking about when we can do it again.


Thing 2 being silly

Thing 1 and Lo enjoying the game

You even get a nice view of the Harbor Bridge
(even if the stadium lights do mess up your pictures...lol)


*Disclaimer - I was not compensated, in any way, by Treasure Island or CC Hooks baseball for this post. Links are provided merely as a convenience for Life in Texas readers.*


Labels: , , , , ,

9 Comments:

At April 9, 2012 at 11:13 AM , Blogger Brooke said...

Aww, Thing One held the putter just like a little pro! It looks like you guys had a great time. I wonder if the boys would get a kick out of trying golf. :)

 
At April 9, 2012 at 11:32 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Looks like a fun-filled day! =)

Sunday, my kids played a little bit of golf that was an activity at an Easter egg hunt event and mine weren't as coordinated as yours looked to be..lol.

 
At April 9, 2012 at 11:37 AM , Anonymous Cristina said...

We love to go mini golfing with the boys! cant wait to do it this year!

 
At April 9, 2012 at 2:02 PM , Blogger Melody0605 said...

I wish we had putt putt around here. All the courses have gone out of business. I loved to putt putt when I was a kid!

 
At April 9, 2012 at 2:54 PM , Blogger ETowns said...

I may take my kids golfing - I was thinking of getting us some lessons!

 
At April 9, 2012 at 3:18 PM , Anonymous Becky Willis said...

Looks like fun was had by all. Making memories is the best!

 
At April 9, 2012 at 3:32 PM , Anonymous Diane N - Philzendia said...

I've never played miniature golf. Looks like fun!

 
At April 9, 2012 at 9:02 PM , Blogger Jacqui Odell said...

Looks like you had a lot of fun!

 
At April 9, 2012 at 10:00 PM , Blogger HB the Cupcake Princess said...

I want to come have fun with ya all!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home