This page has moved to a new address.

Ducks!!!

Life In Texas: Ducks!!!

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Ducks!!!


     Every year, around this time, the feed stores in the area will sell baby birds (chicks, ducks, geese, turkeys, etc). I would always joke that I was going to buy one, but I never did.

     Then, we went to my nephew's birthday party last week. One of his presents was a baby duck. My cousin and I decided that we were going to go to the feed store and look at the ducks.

     When we got there, they only have 4 baby ducks left. My children and my cousin's son were begging for a baby duck. To make a long story short, we bought all 4 baby ducks (we couldn't leave one there all alone, could we?). The best part? We still had a 3 hour drive home.

     The ducks didn't like being in the boxes so they were loud almost the entire way home. However, once they were freed from their cardboard prisons, they were much calmer and quieter.

     The girls love their ducks, which they have named Shiloh and Cece. Cece will follow Thing 2 around like she's her mom. Shiloh doesn't care where he is, as long as he can see Cece. Scout says that they're like infants, all they do is eat, poop and cry. But overall, they're pretty cool pets.

Thing 1 with the ducks

Thing 2 kissing Cece

Labels: ,

9 Comments:

At March 20, 2012 at 1:32 PM , Anonymous Diane N - Philzendia said...

Aww, they are too cute! Love the pictures as well!

 
At March 20, 2012 at 3:17 PM , Blogger Maria D. said...

You are way braver than me! I do have to admit they are pretty cute though!

 
At March 20, 2012 at 4:17 PM , Blogger LG Simms said...

Oh my four ducklings. I'm sure the kids are loving each one. Hope you keep us posted on how things go with them.

 
At March 20, 2012 at 5:51 PM , Blogger Kallie Greenly said...

Oh, only 2 live at my house. The other two live at my cousin's house.

 
At March 20, 2012 at 7:47 PM , Blogger HB the Cupcake Princess said...

Absolutely lovely! Congrats on the new additions (the ducks!)

 
At March 20, 2012 at 7:49 PM , Blogger Jacqui Odell said...

The pictures are so cute!!!

 
At March 20, 2012 at 9:32 PM , Blogger Abbyscraftymom said...

aww that is super cute. My friends dad use to give out chicks on easter. Im not sure how chicks or ducks would do living here in the city but im tempted.

 
At March 21, 2012 at 12:15 AM , Blogger tm said...

We started blogging around the same time and linked up through Cafe Mom and I can't believe how much our blogs have grown! I have several contests running if you want to enter: http://trendymomreviews.blogspot.com

Love the ducks!

 
At March 21, 2012 at 1:23 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

This is the cutest picture!!!! New follower here. I'd love a follow back at sugarplumsandlollipops.blogspot.com

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home