This page has moved to a new address.

Display Children's Artwork

Life In Texas: Display Children's Artwork

Friday, February 17, 2012

Display Children's Artwork

     My kids love to draw and paint. But, my fridge is only so big. Also, my kitchen is "my place" so guests don't often go in there to admire the artwork hanging on my fridge. The last reason I wanted something different is my kids always want to hang their schoolwork in our school area. Unfortunately, there is no place in that area to hang extra papers.

     I first came across the following idea on CafeMom. The mom that posted it did not link back to the original, so I have no idea where the idea originated. After searching the internet, I have found several people that posted this idea as an original thought. Two of them are Home Furniture Catalogs and Clean & Scentsible.


     I ordered the clipboards from K-Mart for $1.16 each. Then, I had Scout nail them to the wall in the school area. Instead of nailing the entire clipboard to the wall (as others have done), we just put one nail  for each clipboard and hooked the clipboards on them. I also covered some wooden letters with school-themed scrapbook paper and hung them above the clipboards using double sided tape. 

     It was a huge hit with my kids. I take down the clipboard and they can put their art on it before I hang it back on the wall. In the future, I may have to add more clipboards, but for now, nine is the perfect number.


Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

At February 17, 2012 at 4:52 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

I love this idea!

 
At February 22, 2012 at 1:11 PM , Blogger Kallie Greenly said...

Thanks! It's not something that you see often, but it's not difficult to do.

 
At March 3, 2012 at 8:52 AM , Blogger Marisa said...

That is super cute, I may have to make a display area in our house :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home