This page has moved to a new address.

Pinterest Weekly - Soda Cake

Life In Texas: Pinterest Weekly - Soda Cake

Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Pinterest Weekly - Soda Cake


     This weeks Pinterest Weekly inspiration comes from SkinnyTaste.com. My kids have been wanting to make cupcakes for a while and I have wanted to try this since my sister went touring colleges and a guide mentioned it to her. It seems in the last 3 years, the idea has become very widespread (even Weight Watchers!).

     On SkinnyTaste.com, they used a chocolate cake mix and a diet soda. Of course, I couldn't just follow directions. While we were at the store, Thing 2 asked for "purple Sprite" (better know as grape soda). I don't know why, but in that moment, I thought that the grape soda would be cool for a soda cake. So, we headed home with a white cake mix and grape soda.

The only ingredients we used.

     I was surprised at how easily the soda and cake mix mixed together. I didn't think that the batter would be that light and fluffy. I did not add any egg whites and the batter was still about normal cake batter consistency.

Doesn't that look yummy?

     We cooked the cupcakes according to the chart on the box. I usually set them for the middle of the time given and they come out perfect. For these, they needed to go the entire time. When they were done, we topped them with cream cheese frosting.

Purple Cupcakes

     They weren't as purple as I would have liked. But, that problem could be easily fixed with a small amount of food coloring. The kids didn't care that they weren't incredibly purple and they loved the taste. All in all, it was a pretty easy, kid friendly way to make cupcakes.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home