This page has moved to a new address.

Tuesday Testament - Thanksgiving

Life In Texas: Tuesday Testament - Thanksgiving

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Tuesday Testament - Thanksgiving

     We all have things that we are thankful for. Especially now, during the Thanksgiving season, we find ourselves being thankful for all of the obvious things. Good health, a house, family, did to ready, clothes to wear.

     But what about the less obvious things? What about the things that, at first don't (or don't ever) look like blessings?

     Give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus. - 1 Thessalonians 5:18

     It's not "give thanks when things go good". We're suppose to give thanks in all circumstances. Believe me, I know how tough that can be. I run my van into a ditch. My child has, yet another, unknown medical problem. My mother passes away from cancer at the age 42. But there is a way to be thankful in all of these instances.

     Yes, I ran the van into a ditch. But, thankfully, everyone was ok. Thankfully, the van is fine. Thankfully, there were wonderful neighbors there to help me.

     Yes, my child has more unknown medical problems. Thankfully, she's still here. Thankfully, she's not in pain or suffering. Thankfully, we have the technology to test and find out what's wrong.

     This last one is a little harder. Yes, my mom died from cancer at age 42. Thankfully, she's no longer suffering. Thankfully, she got 2.5 years with my baby brother. Thankfully, she got to meet and know my children. Thankfully, she was a Christian and I will see her again one day.

     It's easy to be thankful when things are going good. I think that true test is to be thankful when things aren't so great. You may be suffering, but there is a chance that your experience will be able to help out someone in the same situation.

     I hope that you'll think about these things this Thanksgiving as you gather with your family and/or friends.

     I'd like to leave you with one last scripture. Enter his gates with thanksgiving and his courts with praise; give thanks to him and praise his name. - Psalm 100:4


     I hope that you all have a wonderful and blessed Thanksgiving. Be careful while traveling and enjoy your holiday!


Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

At November 28, 2011 at 1:56 PM , Blogger Alan said...

Meant to post this earlier, but love the message.

 
At January 26, 2012 at 7:45 PM , Blogger Kallie Greenly said...

Thanks!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home