This page has moved to a new address.

Diamond Candles

Life In Texas: Diamond Candles

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Diamond Candles

     A few weeks ago, I heard about Diamond Candles on Cafemom. I was intrigued by the idea. For those of you that haven't heard of them, Diamond Candles are soy candles made with all natural soy. Each candle comes in a glass jar that they encourage you to reuse. In each candle is a ring ranging from $10 - $5000 in value. The rings are in a plastic baggie and then wrapped in foil to protect them. Some of the rings, of course, are costume jewelry. However, the candle itself is worth the price.

     For fun - let's compare Diamond Candles, Yankee Candles and Circle E Candles.


          Diamond Candles               Yankee Candles               Circle E Candles
Price: 24.95 + $5 shipping           25.99 + $5 shipping                $21.50 
                                                                                           (plus tax, plus shipping - 
                                                                                       wouldn't let me view shipping
                                                                                          charge without entering 
                                                                                              credit card info)

Burn time:  125 - 160                          110-150                           155
(in hours)

     In my opinion, Diamond Candles wins. Yankee Candles cost the most and burn the least amount of times. Circle E Candles may be cheaper overall, but I wish I knew how much it cost to ship them. So, I ordered a Diamond Candle. It arrived quickly. I ordered it Saturday and it arrived this morning via the USPS. I was very excited. I immediately opened it, snapped a few pictures and then lit it.

     This is my candle. I ordered vanilla cream. Vanilla is my scent of choice. However, this is different than all of the other vanilla stuff I own. I guess it's the "cream" part. It smells like vanilla with a faint but pleasant coffee smell. I am not a fan of the smell of coffee, but this candle smelled good enough to eat.


      The gold circle is where my ring was. I have seen videos and heard of women digging their rings out when they're close to the top. I am too OCD for that. I would hate to have a huge hole in my candle. So, I was pleased that it was close to the top. It took a little more than 4 hours for the tip of the foil to be visible. At this time, I was able to get a spoon and pull it out without damaging my candle.


     This is my ring. It has 3 purple stones surrounded by 10 clear stones. I snapped this picture with my cell phone in the sunlight. It kind of makes the stones look dark blue, but they are amethyst in color.



     Overall, I am very pleased with my Diamond Candle. I had it burning for about four hours earlier. I blew it out and we left the house for 3 hours. When we returned, we could still smell that wonderful vanilla cream smell. I can not wait to order my next one! Diamond Candles does not advertise, so if you order a candle and you love it, be sure to tell your friends! Diamond Candles would make great Christmas presents, I know of a few women that will be receiving one from me. :-)



Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

At November 15, 2011 at 8:36 PM , Blogger Alan said...

I was going to get the white chocolate, but you may have talked me into the Vanilla Cream :)

 
At November 15, 2011 at 9:32 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

That is awesome! Never heard of it before.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home